Well Child Care
Pediatrician visits are just as important for healthy children as they are for sick children.
Regularly scheduled checkups, also called well-child visits, will help our team keep a close eye on your child’s general health and development. During well visits, we perform recommended screenings appropriate to age, following the American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines and best care practices.
Screenings / Assessments
The following is a list of screenings/assessments we implement in our practice. This list is subject to change in accordance with the American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines.
- Initial Newborn Visit – Edinburgh Post-Partum Depression Screening
- 18 mo-2 year – M-CHAT (Autism)
- 9 mo, 18 mo, 2 year, 30 mo – Developmental Screenings
- 12-19 yrs of age – PHQ9 Depression Screening
- 6 mo – 6 yrs – Oral Health Assessment
- 6 mo – 6 yrs (or at age of first tooth) – Fluoride Application
- 3- 19 yrs of age – Hearing and Vision Screenings
- 5 yr & 11 yrs of age – Urine Screening