At Next Generation Pediatrics, we are committed to providing comprehensive care for our patients from the very beginning.
Whether you are a first-time mom or a new mom with older children, the postpartum period can be overwhelming enough – difficulty breastfeeding does not have to add to this stressful transition. Our board certified lactation consultants are available to help support you, your family and your breastfeeding goals.
Our breastfeeding coaching services include:
- In office consultations with direct support and guidance to help overcome issues including but not limited to latching, positioning, engorgement and low milk supply.
- Education on the benefits of breastfeeding and how to reach your personal breastfeeding goals.
- Resources and recommendations on products to use at home after your consultation is complete.
What to Expect at Your Appointment:
- Consultations usually last approximately one hour
- Vital signs will be obtained through height, weight, blood pressure, pulse respiration rate and temperature on both mother and baby
- Review of mother’s and infant’s past medical history and birth history
- Discussion of the mother’s breastfeeding goals
- Observation of baby nursing with support and direction of how to overcome any potential issues
- Development of a feeding and follow up plan to ensure both mother and infant continue to thrive